This fact sheet reports data from several sources that measure Medicaid managed care health care delivery and quality pertaining to maternal and child health. They highlight and summarize information from the state’s External Quality Review Report, measures from the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), results from the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) plan ratings and the Commonwealth Fund’s Scorecard on State Health System Performance.
This factsheet is part of a larger series that updates and expands NHeLP’s 2015 Advocates’ Guide to Oversight, Transparency, and Accountability in Medicaid Managed Care. Companion papers in this series include:
- Medicaid External Quality Review: An Updated Overview (Nov. 2020)
- Finding and Analyzing Medicaid Quality Measures (Jan. 2021)
- Addressing Health Equity in Medicaid Managed Care Quality Oversight (May 2021)
- State quality fact sheets: Florida, Ohio
- Medicaid Managed Care: Using Sanctions to Improve Accountability (forthcoming)