The Coordinated Care Initiative encompasses several very complex changes. This makes it very difficult to create notices that can simply and concisely explain the changes in a manner that is understandable for the large number of beneficiaries impacted. At a minimum, the notices should:
- alert the reader to the fact that changes are occurring;
- clearly explain the three choices a beneficiary can make;
- emphasize that a beneficiary must make a choice;
- drive the reader to seek more information in making a choice; and
- provide instructions on how to select a choice.
To accomplish these objectives, we have provided comments here and also through tracked changes on the 90-day, 60-day, and Health Plan Guidebook.