Includes analysis and resources for the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
NHeLP Comprehensive Analysis of the Health Care Reform Law:
- Part I includes an analysis of PPACA Title I, covering the private insurance reforms and state-based exchanges;
- Part II includes an analysis of PPACA Title II, covering changes to the Medicaid program; and
- Part III analyzes selected provisions from Titles III, IV, VI, XIII and IX.
Click here for a timeline of when the health reform provisions become effective.
- Health Reform: An Overview. Presentation by NHeLP Staff (Apr '13)
- Health Consumer Alliance: The Health Consumer Alliance (HCA) is now partnered with the California Department of Managed Care (DMHC). (Mar '12)
- Ngozi Project: The Consumer Health Foundation launched the Ngozi website to provide resources for consumers to assist them in finding and accessing health care in DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia. NHeLP worked with the Consumer Health Foundation to develop brochures that educate individuals and families on the impact of the Affordable Care Act, provide tips to help patients better communicate with their providers and help children and adults find and enroll in affordable health insurance coverage. (Mar. '12)
- NHeLP Organizes 64-Organization Letter To Support Preventive Care For Women (Aug. '11)
- NHeLP Letter to Leadership Opposing Proposed Cuts to Medicaid Program (Emily Spitzer, April '11)
- Determining if the Basic Health Plan Makes Sense for Your State (Prepared by Elisabeth Benjamin, Feb. '11)
- Requirements to Provide Language Assistance Services (Podcast, Dec. '10)
- PPACA Reproductive Health: Regulation Comment Timelines (Sept. '10)
- Streamlining Children's Eligibility and Enrollment Under PPACA (Podcast, Sept. '10)
- Health Reform High-Risk Pools in California (Podcast, 2010)
- Public Law 111-152 – the Reconciliation Law ‘Fixing’ the Patient Protection Act
- NHeLP Commends Passage of Health Reform Bill (March '10)